|About the Society (AES)|
|Message from the Chairman|
|Message from the Vice-president|
|Board of Governors|
Phone No: 0124-2013718/719/720721,2013218 - extension: 230. Fax No.0124-2268573
1. Learning Resource Centre
2. Book Bank Facility
3. Library Officers / Library Professionals
4. Library Resources
5. Library Layout and Floorplans
6. Category of Membership & Loan Periods
7. Circulation Rules
8. Library Hours and Holidays
9. Consultation facilities for Casual Users
Learning Resource Centre
The College has a well equipped library in a separate block. It consists of a central reading hall, newspapers and periodical sections, scholarly journal room and a multimedia library. The library is well staked with latest books and journals in the various fields of science, technology and management. It also has a books / e-books on competitions and career development. The library has a growing collection of thirty three thousand books. Almost all journals of IEEE, IEE and Other publications in engineering sciences are available through on-line facilities of INDEST. Besides, a large number of journals and magazines in print are also subscribed. The library provides learning / researching resource to students and teachers regarding latest world wide developments in higher education, research and placement activities. It also has a growing collection in the area of communication skills, teaching English as a second language, and books of general interest in humanities, social sciences and personality development.
The library DELNET (Developing Library NET work ) and INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Science and Technology) facilities. These can be accessed from the library as well as from the other department/ labs of the college.
DELNET is promoted by National Informatics Center (NIC), Ministry of information Technology, Govt of India. It Promotes resource sharing among the member libraries, collects, stores and disseminates information, offers computerized services to the users and coordinates efforts for suitable collection. with the facility of DELNET, the students and teachers of the Apeejay college of Engineering obtain current information concerning latest developments in the different fields of sciences, technology and management. It enables research scholars to borrow books/ journals from other libraries located in other prime institutions who are members of DELNET Group.
INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Science and Technology) ahs been the initiative of the Ministry of HRD, Govt of India. Its Objectives are to promote multidisciplinary research in all the areas of science and technology. The faculty members and senior students of the college utilize on-line facilities of INDEST by consulting IEEE/IEE journals, on-line data base inter-desciplinary engineering research works, math-science net journals and abstracts etc. The facilities of INDEST and DELNET go a long way in developing various project works and research works in M.Tech and Ph.D thesis.
Book Bank Facility
The College has Book Bank facility, which is obligatory for all the undergraduate students of Undergraduate Program. One time membership fee of Rs 2000/- towards providing books, services, infrastructure maintenance, replacement and Book Bank security deposit of Rs 1000/- (Refundable) as a caution money. Under the Scheme students are provided one textbook in each course in all the eight semesters. The objective of the Book Bank is to provide students the latest textbooks in the subject they study in each semester. This facilitates teaching learning process and improves academic performance of the students.
The Scheme is part and parcel of the under graduate programme in Bachelor of Engineering because of the frequent up-gradation of courses and syllabi in view of the globalization of business technology and management systems. Apeejay College of Engineering Sohna is fully aware of emerging need of knowledge workers to maintain tremendous growth of call centers, B.P.O and K.P.O in Gurgaon and National Capital Region (NCR). Therefore, the College empowers its students with knowledge and skill sets that are in high demand in the field of engineering such as VLSI System, embeded technologies; IT related business solutions, computer networking, web designing, mobile communication, PLC for Instrumentation and Control, power generation and management and many other business applications. For this reason, the book bank facility is a resource to provide students latest textbooks in the fields of science, technology, communication skills and Management.
|Mr. Arun Kumar Sahu||Assistant Librarian
MLIS and M.Phil(LIS)
|• Acting Head of the Library
• Books Acquisition Section
• Documentation Section
• Reference Section
|Mr. Rajesh Kumar Karandhar||Library Assistant
MLIS and M.Phil(LIS)
|• Circulation Section
• Periodical Section
• E- Resources, ILL & Photocopy
The Library has an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities, and management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Journals, Project, Video Cassettes, Compact Discs/DVDs. The total collection of library as on May 18, 2007 stands as follows:
|Audio & Video Cassettes||298|
|Current Journals on Subscriptions||62|
Library Layouts and Floorplans
The Central Library is housed in a separate block, double storey building with a carpet area of over 6,000 sft. and is located in the middle of the Academic Blocks. The floor-wise distribution of services and resources in the Library is indicated below:
- Check Point / Property Counter
- Library OPAC & CD ROM Workstations
- Online Resource Sharing, IEEE Journals & DELNET
- Reading Hall
- Reference Section
- Displayed Books and Books Processed Urgently
- Card Catalogue
- Journals Section
- Current Periodicals Display
- Newspapers and Light Reading Materials
- Indexing and Abstracting Journals
- Circulation Section/Counter
- Stacks Area for Books in all disciplines
- Multimedia Hall
- Audio/Video Collection
- Study Room Book Collection
- Circulation Counter
- Book Acquisition Section
- Technical Processing Section
- Book Acquisition Section
- CDs Collection and Viewing Facilities
Category of Membership & Loan Periods
All students, faculty members and employees of the College are entitled for the membership of the Library. Their entitlements, in terms of number of books (from general collections) that they can borrow and the permissible loan period.
|Description||No. of Books||Loan Periods|
|Teaching Faculty||10*||One Semester|
|Non-teaching staff||10||One Semester|
|Students B.E||3||10 Days|
|Students M.Tech||5||20 Days|
- General books are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlements.
- Books issued will not be accepted back on the same day
- Reader can claim books (reserve) already issued, at the circulation counter
- Books are reissued only if there are no claims or available another copy of the same book on stack.
- The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc., while borrowing the book.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the reader. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehaviour or misuse of the library.
Library Hours and Holidays
- Monday through Saturday: 9.30 AM to 8.00 PM
- Sundays and Holidays: 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
- The Library is open on all days of the Year except following National holidays
- Republic Day 26th January
- Independence Day 15th August
- Gandhi Jayanti 2nd October
- General books - Monday-Saturday: 9.30 A.M. to 4.00 P.M
- Reference books, Old journals, CDs, DVDs and Audio/Video Cassettes from 2.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.
Consultation facilities for Casual Users
Faculty, students and researchers from Government-funded educational institutions and organizations are allowed to refer the Library against introduction letters from their respective institutions by the permission of the Principal of the College.