|About the Society (AES)|
|Message from the Chairman|
|Message from the Vice-president|
|Board of Governors|
There is a Mentorship /Counselling cell in the Apeejay College of Engineering. All students are put under the mentorship of a teacher-counselor during his/her four year studies in the college.
A teacher-counselor is appointed for a particular section of the course. he/she remains the students counselors all through the four years of their stay in the college or so long the teacher does not resign from the college.
The teacher counselor must meet students twice in a semester at the beginning of registration and during the mid term semester. The students are also encouraged to come in touch with the counselors as and when the students need them.
At the time of registration the students fill in the counseling form along with registration form. The teacher-counselor has a separate datasheet of the students.The teacher counselor appointed for each student interviews the student on the following points:
- Regarding student's academic progress
- Regarding compartmental case, if any;
- Regarding student's participation in co-curricular and extra curricular activities like sports, blood donation, social work.
- Students who belong to categories (SC/ST/OBC). They are advised to apply for scholarships under different categories from the Government. They also see Chief Counselor and Deputy Registrar (Academic) for guidance regarding scholarship.
- Regarding the need of the students for educational loans.
- Regarding mode of stay: whether a hostler / staying in a rented room / staying with one's parents.
All details like name, address, telephone and mobile no's of the present guardian with whom the candidate is residing with, are put on the Counselling form.
The students who are residing in rented accommodation write in detail the name and occupation of the landlord, his detailed address along with phone and mobile numbers the students also write the name/or names of the person/persons who are staying with him/her in his/her room as well as in that house as a tenant / tenants.
The students residing in the hostel give detail whether he/she is staying in a single/double/triple seater accommodation along with the name and details of his/her roommate.
- Counselors write in the counseling form, if any help, the student needs.
- Mod Term Appraisal: The Counselor ask the students to meet him/her in the second week of September in odd semester and second week of March in even semester to know their academic progress as well as problems, if any. Mid term progress report in a Performa is sent to the Chief Mentor / Counselor.